We provide a simple Java program that performs file uploads (via HTTP POST) to Crossref. This program allows you to upload a single file, a list of files, or a whole directory of files. Unzipping the archive will create a folder called doUpload.
Open a command/terminal window, navigate to the doUpload/ folder and enter the following:
java -jar "doUpload.jar" -u username -p password -f file-name -o upload-option
- u is your username
- p is your password
- -f is your file name. If the given file has a '.list' extension it is considered to be a file with a list of files to upload. Any other extension is considered a single file upload. If the file is a directory then all files in the directory will be uploaded.
- -o is your upload option
- use DEPOSIT to upload a content registration file (default)
- use DEPOSIT_REFS to upload a resource deposit
- use QUERY to upload a query file
- use DOIQUERY to upload a DOI-to-metadata query
Other (optional) args:
-h defaults to doi.crossref.org
-hp defaults to port 80
-ph name of a proxy host if needed
-pp proxy port