Some metadata updates or additions may be submitted separately from metadata deposits as resource deposits. Resource deposits use the resource-only schema (with the exception of stand-alone components which use the main deposit schema).
Metadata included in a resource deposit is added to the existing metadata record of an item. The resource deposit data does not need to be included in any bibliographic metadata updates. Resource deposit data may also be removed from a record.
Supported resource-only deposit types:
- URLs: A primary URL must be included in all DOI deposits. Additional URLs may be submitted as resource deposits, including:
- Similarity Check full text URLs
- other as-crawled URLs
- Multiple Resolution secondary URLs
- content version or text and data mining URLs
- Funding metadata
- Access Indicators (text and data mining)
Uploading resource deposits
Resource deposits may only be submitted for existing Crossref DOIs. Deposits using the resource-only schema must be uploaded with type 'doDOICitUpload' for HTTPS POST (or 'DOI Resources' when using the system interface).
Please sign in to leave a comment.