All metadata registered with Crossref is submitted as XML formatted using our metadata deposit schema. If you aren't able to generate XML yourself, don't worry - we have three different helper tools which will convert your text-based information into XML. We also provide limited support for NLM / JATS transformations.
- Metadata Manager offers a simple way to register and update metadata, for both single and multiple deposits. You can currently use this method to register metadata for journals (other content types coming soon). Learn more at Metadata Manager support documentation.
- Web deposit form - you can use this form to register metadata for journals, books, conference proceedings, reports, and dissertations. You can also upload NLM or JATS-formatted XML to this form. Learn more about the web deposit form.
- Crossref plugin for OJS (Open Journal Systems) - you can use this helper tool if you’re using the Open Journal Systems publishing platform. Learn more about about configuring OJS for Crossref.
XML deposit methods
If you're able to generate your own XML, there are a couple of ways to send it to us.
- Upload your XML files directly using our admin tool - learn more about uploading files using this admin interface
- Send us your XML files via HTTPS POST - learn more about using HTTPS to POST Files