Conflicts occur when two (or more) DOIs share the same bibliographic metadata. Conflicts are usually flagged upon deposit. In some situations this doesn't happen, creating a missed conflict.
Reasons a missed conflict may occur:
- Two DOIs are deposited for the same item, but the metadata is slightly different (DOI A deposited with an online publication date of 2011, DOI B deposited with a print publication date of 1972)
- DOIs were deposited with a unique item number: Prior to 2008, DOIs containing unique item numbers (supplied in the <publisher_item> element) were not checked for conflicts. This feature was discontinued because of misuse.
The missed conflict report compares article titles across data for a specified journal or journals.
To retrieve a missed conflict report for a title:
- Locate the title in the browsable title list by searching or browsing
- Select the icon at the far right of the title
- The missed conflict interface will pop up in a second window. Enter your email address in the appropriate field. Multiple title IDs can be included in a single request if needed.
A report will be emailed to the address provided in step 3. This report lists all DOIs with identical article titles that have not been flagged as conflicts.
Please sign in to leave a comment.