If you didn't receive a submission log email, you can use the Crossref system site to search for past deposits. To do so:
- Access the Crossref system by logging in at https://doi.crossref.org
- Click the Submissions tab
- Click the Administration sub-tab
- At this point, if you click 'Search' at the bottom of the screen, you'll be presented with a list of all past deposits from newest to oldest.
- Click on the Submission ID number on the left-hand side of any deposit to access the Submission Details, including the submission log for that deposit or click on the file icon to view the file that was submitted.
After step 3 above, you can also narrow your search by entering parameters into any of the following fields on the Submissions Administration sub-tab page:
- Select a date range using the "Last Day," "Last Three Days," or "Last Week" buttons, or enter a custom date range to search for older deposits
- If your account submits metadata deposits for multiple prefixes, you can use the Registrant field to narrow your search to just the deposits for a single prefix.
- Select "Find" next to Registrant
- In the pop-up window, enter for the publisher name associated with the prefix and click Submit
- Select the appropriate publisher name/prefix and the pop-up window will close. You'll see a code for that prefix entered in the Registrant field
- Select a deposit type from the "Type" drop down menu to limit your search to just one type of deposit.
- Metadata will limit results to full metadata deposits. This is the most common type.
- DOI References will limit results to Resource deposits, including References, as-crawled URLs, and funding/license metadata
- Conflict Undo will limit results to text files that were deposited to resolve conflicts
- Check the "Has Error" box to only search for deposits with errors.
- Check the "Has Conflict" box to only search for deposits with conflicts.