After your submission has been processed, a submission report will by default be emailed to the address provided in your XML. You can also retrieve the results of submission processing or the contents of a submission at any time through this URL:
https://doi.crossref.org/servlet/submissionDownload?usr=username&pwd=password&doi_batch_id=doi batch id&file_name=filename&type=submission type
- usr is the Crossref-supplied login name
- pwd is the Crossref-supplied password
- doi_batch_id is the DOI batch ID you supplied in the XML deposit file (not recommended)
- file_name is the name of the file that you submitted (recommended)
- type is the type of data requested (this field is mandatory)
- Use result to retrieve submission results (deposit log)
- Use content to retrieve the XML file
You can track a submission by its doi_batch_id or by its file_name, but file_name is recommended. To use this feature effectively, make sure each tracking ID (doi_batch_id or file_name) is unique as only the first match is returned.
The main difference between using doi_batch_id and file_name is that doi_batch_id is inserted into the database after the submission has been parsed. Using file_name is preferable because submissions in the queue or in process can be tracked before deposit. Non-parse-able submissions can also be tracked using this method.